Monday, September 28, 2015

Well, What's This...?

Tropical Storm Joaquin To Hit New England?


We're keeping en eye on a system in the western Atlantic. 

Several forecasting models run it up the coast at us as a tropical depression or a weak tropical storm. The official NHC forecast takes it out to sea without it impacting any land masses. As it moves closer to us, it will meet some shear and some less-than-bathwater sea temperatures, and that will lessen her impact.

If it did become a tropical storm, and if nothing else forms in the Atlantic before it does, it will be Joaquin. If Joaquin happens somewhere else (and I hope it does, I pronounce Joaquin poorly), our storm would be Kate.

This isn't Katrina or anything, so don't panic. It could rain like hell, and there may be some minor-to-moderate coastal flooding at the beaches. It could also get very breezy. As with any storm, the forecast could change wildly in 12 hours, so keep yourself updated.

We'll have the whole CCM team mobilized if any cool pictures come out of it.


4 comments:

  1. it it be.......JOAKIM....? it's Greek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--the yellow line goes very close to me near Albany, NY and the dark green line goes through my hometown where I was just visiting. I have lived through many hurricanes so I hope it follows the purple line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it waited until this week--I was on the Vineyard a week ago.

    ReplyDelete