Thursday, September 24, 2015

Southeastern Massachusetts High School Football Schedule And Selections, 9/25-9/26

The author is working on very little sleep, so double check the schedules with a second source before heading out...

Marshfield at Dennis-Yarmouth, 6 PM

Marshfield appears to be taking no shorts this autumn.

Vegas, 31-18


Coyle-Cassidy at Martha's Vineyard, 6:30 PM

Big storm could be offshore... C-Ceasickness and C-Cancellation are possibilities

MV, 13-10


Silver Lake at Whitman-Hanson, 7 PM

Silver Lake is fighting for win #1, but that may not be happening.

W-H, 36-21



Xaverian at Barnstable, 7 PM

Barney is off to a rough start, losing 61-6 or so last week to BC High. Xaverian is just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, it was Dr. Mengele.

Xaverian, 48-20


New Bedford at Bridgewater-Raynham, 7 PM

Both teams have Ls on their record, but they were all to impressive teams.

B-R, 21-20



Quincy vs. Plymouth North, 7 PM

Listed as "neutral site" on MaxPreps for some reason, perhaps because they're playing on a neutral site or something. If someone knows, hit me up in the comments.

PN, 20-14


Bishop Feehan at Falmouth, 7 PM

The schedule I'm using also has Bishop Feehan vs Falmouth Academy, I'm not sure if it's the same game or not. I usually use the Globe's schedule, but I've used up my free site visits this month, and, well, eff them. The Globe, not the kids.

Falmouth, 21-19


Scituate at Plymouth South, 7 PM

Two undefeated Plymouth teams colliding at Thanksgiving should be nationally televised.

PS, 28-17


Upper Cape Tech at Bourne, 7 PM

Sandwich Road isn't big enough for two high schools, which is why I think Bourne High is off Trowbridge Road, home of the fabulous Trowbridge Tavern. Boy, oh, boy, did I see Bourne get tuned up by Martha last Friday.... yikes.

Bourne, 28-27



Cardinal Spellman at Weston, 7 PM

Weston is nowhere near Easton, and that will cost them when I make up random scores for these games.

Spellman, 41-10


Hull at Cohasset, 7 PM

If this was a Hull home game, I'd go watch it if I thought there'd be some nice surf in the background for my photos. I'd climb up on top of the friggin' announcers' booth if I had to, don't you even question it.

Cohasset, 28-10



Seekonk at Dighton-Rehoboth, 7 PM

The school's in Dighton, I found out.... North Dighton, to be precise. I'm not sure what differences exist between Dighton and North Dighton, but one of them is a high school with a football field.

D-R, 14-13


Greater New Bedford vs Dartmouth

Because we love irony, we'll point out that Greater New Bedford is a much smaller school than regular New Bedford is.

Dartmouth, 20-7


Duxbury at Hingham, 7 PM

Duxbury lost to friggin' Hollister last Friday, and if you asked me ten days ago, I would have told you that Hollister was a type of sweatshirt that teenage girls wear.

Duxbury, 34-28


Case at Wareham, 7 PM

Case is in Swansea, in case you're curious. Whenever I write about Swansea, I inexplicably want a TV dinner after.

You don't step to the 'Ham on Friday... you just don't.

?ham, 21-20



North Quincy at Hanover, 7 PM

Hangover!

Hanover, 14-12



Old Rochester at Apponequet, 7 PM

Somebody has to win...

Apponequet, 17-13


Southeastern vs Bristol-Plymouth, 7 PM

If the right people ran Bristol-Plymouth, they'd reverse the order of the team name every time they lost. One week they're Bristol-Plymouth, one week they're Plymouth-Bristol.... OK, the idea sucks.

Southeastern, 14-10


Durfee at Fairhaven, 7 PM

Fairhaven's one win came in an 8-6 shootout.

Durfee, 20-19


Middleboro at Pembroke, 7 PM

I'm very stubborn about spelling "Middleboro" like that. The other way reads like you coughed it out or something. Max Preps has this also listed as a Saturday game, so plan more carefully.

Middleboro, 20-13


East Bridgewater at Rockland, 7 PM

Eastie has a couple of impressive wins, but they get a test with 30 Rock.

EB, 28-27


Bishop Stang at Somerset-Berkley, 7 PM

In honor of the Pope's visit, I'm ascribing superpowers to the Catholic schools.

Stank, 30-17



Blue Hills at Diman, 7 PM

I'm not sure- OK, I have no idea- how "Diman" is pronounced. I suppose it's sort of like "the man," as it would otherwise sound like "demon"... and we may be writing about a Catholic school here, player.

Blueberry Hills, 17-14



Catholic Memorial at Brockton, 7 PM

CM beat Hartford, but it was Hartford, Vermont. I think they may have also pinned Duxbury pretty badly in the preseason, too.

CM, 28-24


Sandwich at Nauset, 7 PM

They have a perfectly good mascot already (I think it's a Dolphin, not really sure), but "Nauset Nausea" would be a fine and intimidating team name. Some sort of Pop Warner or Cape League team should take that name, as long as they remember to cut the Idea Man in on the payoff. I've got needs, my friend...

Sandwich, 17-12



Carver at Mashpee, 7 PM

Tough call.

Mashpee, 20-19



SATURDAY

Tri-County vs Bishop Connolly-Westport, 7 TBD (sorry)

"Bishop Connolly-Westport" sounds like one of those Rodham-Clinton hyphenated married names, which is a funny name to see hanging off a Bishop.

BCW, 24-21


Old Colony Voke vs South Shore Tech, 11 AM

They're both actually Voke Techs, but I essentially split two aces. SSVT is in Hanover, if you're on the away team.

OC, 13-12


West Bridgewater at Sacred Heart (Kingston), 11 AM

The WB might get lost negotiating the Kingston boondocks. Otherwise, 3 TD rout.

WB, 28-7


Cape Cod Tech at Monomoy, 1 PM

I want to see what Monomoy''s helmet looks like just badly enough to not drive out there for a game. Maybe they play Bourne later, hopefully at home. If the right people were running Monomoy, they'd have a shark tank in one or both of the end zones. It's not like they don't have a thucking fousand of them out there or anything...

Monomoy, 31-13


Buckingham, Browne and Nichols at Tabor, 1 PM

I may be wrong on the Nicks part, but wasn't Buckingham, Browne and Nichols three quarters of Fleetwood Mac?

BBN, 30-19


Holbrook/Avon at Nantucket, 5 PM

Two on one! No fair!

Nanny, 38-10


Randolph at Abington, 6 PM

Abby is always rock solid.

Abington, 21-14


Marian-Keefe Tech vs St. John Paul II, 7 PM

Not sure where they're playing this.

STJP2, 21-10

No comments:

Post a Comment