Friday, May 15, 2015

Hotcakes! Fire At The IHOP!

from "You Know You're From Bourne..." Facebook  page
Traffic was snarled at the Bourne Bridge as a fire of unknown origin did a number on the building.

As of 8 PM, the fire department was still at the scene in force, and had a ladder up against the hole in the second floor window you see the fire shooting out of from the picture above.

It is an odd scene, as the word around town is that Dunkin' Donuts closed on the property today. They won't get a drive-thru, and may put a conference room in the restaurant somehow.

This reporter can neither confirm nor deny the rumors that a Honey Dew Donuts guy, or even one of the more shiftier Marylou's girls, was seen fleeing from the scene.

Now, I realize that I just wrote a rather angry article about this potential Dunkin's and the effect it would have on the rotary.... but I wasn't really shooting for Inspiration of Arson. I just wanted a Cracker Barrel, to be honest.

I drove through the rotary rather easily at 8 PM, but there is a lot of rubbernecking going on. Expect minor delays through the rest of the evening.

I'm not sure if the building is a total loss, but it doesn't look good. I have no idea how the fire started, but I'm well-located and will try to keep an ear to the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment